Modern information technology, including the structure of the website, is very complex and must be thoroughly tested before launch.
A website is a collection of web pages that are linked by a common theme and interconnected by hypertext links. Websites can be built in 3 ways:
- Physical files are constantly stored on the host’s hard drive, in the so-called root folder. This method is a bit outdated.
- The site was created on the basis of the site engine or CMS, which is essentially a program. This method is the most popular today.
- The easiest way is to use the site creator.
This is why the quality assurance activities are so complex that they require a complete test strategy, a test plan and other test documentation. The tester must think about the expected workloads, the response time of the web server 먹튀, the target audience, the expected level of security, what actions will be necessary to support the relevant content and many others.
In addition, you should ask a question about the test system and the production system. Will software tests be performed on a production system? In some cases, a test system is required. Therefore, many factors must be considered before proceeding directly to the test procedure.
Creating an effective checklist is a good practice for any software tester. When testing a website, this step is required. We must understand what activities will be carried out during the test process.
What actions should be carried out during web tests?
- The functional test is the most important type of verification, which includes verifying all links (internal / external / broken / invalid), test forms (field verification, error messages, optional and mandatory fields), HTML / CSS verification, cookie verification, database testing;
- Interface test: verifies the correctness of the interaction between the application server and the database server interface, as well as between the application server and the web server interface.
- Usability test: includes verifying the logic and simplicity of the content, testing the navigation (buttons, links, fields, logo, etc.), usability of a site map or search function;
- Security control: perform several manipulations with the registered user and the unregistered user, verify the log files, do not forget to verify captcha and SSL;
- Compatibility testing is also a very important aspect of website testing, which should verify aspects such as mobile navigation, printing features, compatibility with various operating systems, as well as browser types and versions.
- Performance check: this procedure helps to understand the scalability of the site and involves the implementation of load and stress tests.
To perform effective tests of mobile devices, desktop computers or websites, these methods must be adapted for each company and each project. mt-db.netis an independent offshore software testing company. mt-db.netperforms product tests at each stage of the software development cycle.